The Basic Mountaineering First Aid Kit: The kit should be well marked and easily found in your pack should someone need to assist you. It should also include some identification and emergency contact information for you and any medical conditions you have or medications you are taking.
- Wound Care (Bandaids, Gauze, Tincture of Benzoin, Antibiotic ointment, Tape, Nitrile Gloves);
- Blister Care (Moleskin or tape);
- Sprains/strains (Bandana, tape, Ace Bandage, safety pins)
- Pain Relievers.
- Personal Meds (If allergic to bees, bring an injectable epinephrine kit. If asthmatic, bring your inhaler. If diabetic, bring sugar. Tell the leader if you have these or other medical problems. Do not bring drugs that will make you drowsy or dizzy.
- Documentation - a patient form of some type and/or a small pad of waterproof paper. I also like golf pencils as part of the kit as pens leak and smear and the waterproof pens are expensive.
Traditional Mountaineering First Aid Kit List