I'll be offering an American Heart Association Heartsaver Adult CPR/AED Class on Friday evening, September 30th from 7 to about 9 pm (could run a bit longer depending on class size) at the Drakes Crossing Fire Station at 19364 Powers Creek Loop RD NE Silverton, OR 97381.
Send Mike Niemeyer an email to reserve your spot and bring a check for $25 to the class, made out to "Drakes Crossing RFPD." (If this class fills priority will be given to participants in the Wilderness first Aid class the following weekend.)
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Optional modules in child CPR (for those who would like to stay after to complete that module.
- Successful participants will receive an AHA CPR/AED card good for 2 years.
- Leif Wisdahl
- James Green
- Keith Garlinghouse
- Croghan, Lyndsay
- Bittel, Emily
- Bittel, Jason
- Robert, Joanna
- Chonteh Rivertree
- Justin Clark
TO PREPARE FOR CLASS
- Course text book Heartsaver CPR. I'll have copies available for review in class for you to look at but recommend you purchase and read the text prior to class.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to class. You will be practicing skills that require kneeling, bending, standing, and lifting.
- If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please tell one of the instructors. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment to accommodate you. Also please tell your instructor if you are allergic to latex.
- Heartsaver CPR skills sheet (2015 version) - this is the sheet that you will be tested on.
- Heartsaver 2015 CPR changes (2 page FAQs)
- 2015 CPR and First Aid Changes - Highlights (32 page pdf)
- Free First Aid APP - The American Red Cross has a helpful first aid app for your smartphone,