CPR instructors Mike Niemeyer (AEMT) and Ethan Hupp (Paramedic) will be offering an American Heart Association Heartsaver Adult CPR/AED Class on Friday evening, January 29th from 7 to about 9 pm (could run a bit longer depending on class size and experience level) at the Drakes Crossing Fire Station at 19364 Powers Creek Loop RD NE Silverton, OR 97381.
- Adult CPR and AED use
- We will be using the current 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED (for those who would like to stay after to complete that module. about 45 minutes additional - no extra charge.)
- Successful participants will receive an AHA CPR/AED card good for 2 years.
We have a few folks leaving from the State Motorpool lot at 5:45 pm to carpool from Salem. Email Mike Niemeyer for details if you want to share a ride.
Send Mike Niemeyer an email to reserve your spot and bring a check for $20 to the class, made out to "Drakes Crossing RFPD."
Mike Niemeyer (Instructor)
Ethan Hupp (Instructor)
- Kenneth Jones
- Chris Salaz
- Aislinn Adams
- Craig Blanton
- Sarah Blanton
- William Davis
- Vince Dunn
- Cathy Lazarus
- Gabriel Starr
- Dalia Andrade
- Forrest gill
TO PREPARE FOR CLASS
- Heartsaver First Aid andCPR Student Workbook is Available on Amazon as a used book for about $4.00) This workbook is good for both the Heartsaver CPR class and the Heartsaver First Aid class. I'll have copies available for review in class but recommend you purchase and read the text prior to class. Note that this document has the 2010 protocols. The 2015 protocols are not yet available in a handbook but you can download an update at 2015 Student Workbook CPR updates.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to class. You will be practicing skills that require kneeling, bending, standing, and lifting.
- If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please tell one of the instructors. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment to accommodate you. Also please tell your instructor if you are allergic to latex.
- 2015 Guidelines - Highlights (This is not a required read but if you are looking for the details behind the changes in CPR science its a good place to start.)
- Free First Aid APP - The American Red Cross has a helpful first aid app for your smartphone, see http://www.redcross.org/mobile-apps/first-aid-app.